Beauty Industry Directory FAQ
Join today to create your free Page listing!
What If I Am Too Busy To Read This FAQ?
15 SECOND SUMMARY for busy people:
- the directory is DESIGNED for MAXIMUM ONLINE VISIBILITY
- NO extra glittery stuff - NOT TRYING to be LIKE MYSPACE
- ONLY ESSENTIAL and USEFUL profile content - MORE LIKE CRAIGSLIST
- the directory is EDITED by a PHOTOGRAPHER
- the GOAL: GENERATING TRAFFIC to members' websites
- your to do list: 1. Sign Up 2. Submit FREE Listing 3. Have a nice day!
Following is the longer version:
- The Photography Directory of Ferenc Ecseki is designed to be a collection of professional and creative members.
- Unlike other photography directories where anyone can sign up this directory is edited by a photographer. Admittedly the selection process of the members is subjective, based on their talent, creativity and the quality of profile submissions.
- The parent domain of this directory is http://ferenc.biz which is an already established photography blog with top Google rankings with many photography and modeling related keywords.
- This Photography Directory is unique in its generosity to allow members to place several links on their profiles even to other modeling or photography directories. This feature is not common at all in other social networking sites or web directories.
How To Submit My Profile Under 5 Minutes?
- Sign Up for a new user account. After registration you are logged in ready to start!
- Click on Submit FREE Listing on the top (if not automatically directed to that page).
- Select the appropriate category or categories.
- Fill out the detailed profile questionnaire.
- Upload one of your photos and click submit. Your profile will be approved and put online shortly.
What Happens After Submitting?
- Every profile entry is checked for quality before being approved by the Directory Admin.
- The page title and profile content are optimized for search engines and to match the overall structure of the directory.
- After a short time the profile pages will be published becoming visible in search engine results directing traffic to the members' websites.
Why Is My Page Not Showing?
- It is not approved yet - depending on the number of profile submissions per day optimization and verification can take 24 hours or more.
- The quality of the submitted photo, the bio / about me section or the work of the member does not meet the quality requirements of the directory
What Is On My Profile Page?
- The profiles contain one photo, a descriptive optimized title, personal information, a link to the members' websites, professional details and links to the most popular social networking sites.
- The "About Me" field is a place for a Bio or personal introduction. The Photographer Self Interview Questions page can assist with writing a more personal and creative submission.
There is a 25 word minimum and the quality of this section is critical to receive a listing.
- Professional details include information about specialties, experience, compensation, availability, professional credits and camera equipment.
- Links to the members' favorite social networking profiles follow.
What Is The Photographer Self Interview?
- The Photographer Self Interview Questions is very useful assist with the creation of content for the "About Me" section of the profile.
- The more personal the profile pages are the more engaging the content of this directory becomes. Creating an original and quality profile might take a few extra minutes but it is important so the directory stands out of the crowd!
- If these about pages would read like informative, captivating or touching articles or short essays then the purpose of the directory will be fulfilled. One might even get something extra out of writing a few paragraphs of original content: putting thoughts into writing and sharing them is an introspective and fulfilling activity! :)
- So make those profiles unique and really fun to read!
Do I Have To Upload A Photo?
- It is required to upload one photo to complete the profile submission. The more ye catching the profile picture is the better chance that the visitor will want your services.
- If the uploaded photo is larger than 600x600px it will be resized automatically.
- At this time only one photo is allowed per submission to save bandwidth!
Why Is The "Submit FREE Profile" Form So Long?
- The form is not long at all, it is just an optical illusion. :)
- Actually ONLY a few fields marked with * are required and one uploaded photo.
- A directory would be useless with just 4 or 5 generic boring fields.
- A little more content and detail will push this directory towards very high online visibility!
- Size does matter!